Saturday 9 March 2013

Smallville Season Eleven 8, 9 and 10

So far, I have read Smallville Season Eleven nos 8, 9 and 10 somewhat cursorily because my attention has mainly been on other reading. I have not found these issues easy to follow, even when a new story starts in issue 9.

I gather that Lex has somehow lost his memory, therefore does not know that Clark is Supes, but a lot of others do seem to know it. Chloe is not Lois but Lois' cousin?

In issue 10, Clark, helping the super speedster Impulse, Bart Allen, says that they need to consult the original super speedster, the Golden Age Flash, Jay Garrick. I get the impression from this and from what I have heard about later seasons of the TV series that the Silver Age Flash, Barry Allen, has simply been deleted from history? That seems inappropriate.

This comic seems to involve arbitrary rearrangements of character names and situations familiar from the mainstream continuity of recent years rather than the kind of interesting new presentation of the familiar story that had started to happen in the TV series. 

No comments:

Post a Comment